Discover the magic of Mexico!

Mexico City

City of palaces

Riviera Maya

Caribbean dream beaches

Yucatán Peninsula

Cultural Treasures & Mayan Sites

Caribbean Islands

Cozumel, Holbox, Isla Mujeres

Colonial Mexico

Cultural past of Mexico

Mexican Highlands

In the footsteps of Humboldt

Gulf Coast

Cradle of the earliest Mexican cultures

Copper Canyon

Spectacular canyon system

Baja California

Indomitable wilderness with a touch of the Wild West

Pacific Coast

Beaches, bays, islands


Land between jungle and coral


Land of the Mayas and the Eternal Spring

White sandy beaches and Mayan temples are only a small part of Mexico's many wonders. You can expect highland cities with beautiful architecture, volcanoes, deserts, and canyons as well as lively people.

The northernmost country in Latin America offers much more than just dreamy white Caribbean beaches with turquoise blue water on the Riviera Maya: The vibrant capital Mexico City, a train ride along the Copper Canyon, the bizarre nature of Baja California, old estates and haciendas, colonial highland towns, sophisticated Pacific beach resorts, magical landscapes and fascinating temples and pyramids of the Mayas and Aztecs can be wonderfully explored on a round trip.

TOP 10 places of interest

· Mexico City with its Anthropological Museum, Pyramids of Teotihuacán and top gastronomy
· Haciendas in Yucatán – time-honored country estates, lovingly restored
· Baja California – bizarre deserts and whale watching
· Pyramids of Chichén Itzá and Uxmal
· Pacific beach resort uerto Vallarta with beautiful old town
· San Cristóbal de las Casas in the mystical highlands of Chiapas
· Dream beaches of the Riviera Maya between Cancún and Tulum
· Copper Canyon – train ride, canyons and Indians
· Mayan site in the jungle of Palenque
· Colonial cities in the highlands around Mexico City like Guanajuato & San Miguel de Allende

Festivals & Events

· Son Jarocho Music Festival - February
· Mexico Festival - Mid March
· Carnival in Veracruz & Mazatlán - March
· Guelaguetza Festival, Oaxaca City - July
· Morelia International Film Festival - mid October
· International Cervantino Festival - October
· Fiestas de Octubre Guadalajara - October
· Dia de los Muertos, all of Mexico - November 1 & 2
· iesta de Santa Cecilia - November 22nd

Country & People


In the past there was a powerful Aztec empire in Mexico. Between 1519 and 1521 it was conquered by Hernando Cortés for Spain. In 1822 it won independence and then became a republic in 1824. In the war against the United States, 1846 to 1848, Mexico lost all its northern provinces. From 1877 to 1911, with some interruptions, Porfirio Díaz was president of Mexico. His fall ushered in the era of the Mexican Revolution, which lasted from 1911 to 1920. The socialist direction prevailed and finally organized itself in the "Institutional Revolutionary Party," the state party that ruled without interruption for 71 years until the year 2000. Since then, presidents of different parties have alternated. The largest country in Central America is politically and economically stable and well developed for tourism.


97% of Mexico's population are Catholics, with the remaining 3% belonging to other religions.


Music and dance are part of every celebration in Mexico. It is not only modern sounds that are widespread, but also traditional mariachis, virtually the epitome of Mexican folklore. The music and especially the dance styles differ greatly depending on the region.


Mexico offers a very diverse and multilayered culture. It is composed of different indigenous cultures with ancient traditions, modern cultures, and also foreign influences.


The elaborate murals in the temples and pyramids bear witness to earlier times. But also, the churches and monasteries offer a wonderful sight with their decorated ceilings and walls. It was not until the 20th century that Mexican painting achieved worldwide fame. Contemporary art often deals more with the violence and crime in the country. Very impressive is also the weaving and braiding art of Mexico, this has been preserved as an old tradition of the Mayas.

Food & Drink

Corn was already the number one staple food at the time of the Aztecs and has remained so to this day. Corn tortillas are served with almost all dishes or offered in all kinds of variations. The tasty bean porridge is also an integral part of a Mexican dish. Mexico also offers many regional specialties, and its refined cuisine, with dishes such as Mole Poblano (cocoa-chili sauce, usually served with chicken), may well be counted among the gastronomic world leaders. Tequila, the famous agave liquor, also comes from Mexico!

Travel suggestions

Excursions & Activities